Tokyo – NetJapan, Inc., publisher of disk imaging backup, disaster recovery, and virtualization software, announces the release of ActiveImage Protector™ 2018 Virtual Edition Update. This update includes NetJapan’s HyperAgent™, a new agentless backup feature for backing up virtual machines or hosts.
Typical agent-based backup of virtual machines consume CPU and memory resources during various stages of backup. The HyperAgent, installed on a remote machine, runs the tasks, minimizing the consumption of CPU and memory resources on host and guest machines. HyperAgent on Microsoft Storage Server achieves highly efficient storage driven virtual machine backups. Backup an unlimited number of virtual machines from a single host using either agent-based or agentless methods.
ActiveImage Protector 2018 Virtual Edition Update utilizes iSCSI to serve backup images as iSCSI targets to any local or remote iSCSI initiator for attaching backup images as local disks; not only useful for recovering files and folders from a backup, but enables booting of backup images on a physical machine or a hypervisor. Additionally, using VMware vMotion can streamline the recovery process by seamlessly migrating live virtual machines booted from the iSCSI disk to a hypervisor in a production environment.
- NetJapan’s Advanced VHDX Block Delta technology makes incremental backups of VMs without the need for an agent or drivers to be installed on the Hyper-V host.
- Supports Microsoft Resilient Change Tracking for incremental backups of Hyper-V virtual machines.
- HyperRestore™ restores physical or virtual machine backups to dissimilar hypervisors.
- NetJapan’s new ImageIsolate™ technology reduces potential malware or ransomware attacks by disconnecting access to backup storage drives after backups complete.
- HyperStandby™ uses NetJapan’s vStandby™ technology to create and maintain standby virtual machines from backup images for instant switch-over.
- Backup multiple VMs into a single image file to gain additional benefits from NetJapan’s Inline Data Deduplication Compression.
- New scheduling options include selecting a monthly range, and then designate specific days within that range for backup tasks.
For further product information and system requirements, please visit: https://www.netjapan.com/en-us/backup-dr-solutions/agentless/
About Version 2 Limited
Version 2 Limited is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 Limited offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
Actiphy founded in 2007, focuses on developing and offering innovative backup and disaster recovery solutions for complete protection of all your systems and data. ActiveImage Protector backs up Windows, Linux machines on physical and virtual environments and restore systems and data fast for you to be up and running with minimal downtime and data loss. Today Actiphy hold 20% of the image backup market in Japan and are expanding our services in the Asia/Pacific and North American regions, as well as in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.