Wildomar – Actiphy, Inc., publisher of backup, disaster recovery, and virtualization software solutions, announces the release of the next generation of ActiveVisor, a centralized management solution for ActiveImage Protector backup clients, with many new features including enhanced integration with Microsoft’s Active Directory Services.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed how we work, and that’s changing how we must protect our computing resources. With so many people working from home and from remote locations it is essential that any reliable backup and recovery solution provide the ability to protect and recover valuable data from virtually anywhere.
ActiveVisor is a centralized backup management console for ActiveImage Protector backup clients providing a visual representation of statistical data, real-time monitoring of backup status and storage space availability, and deploys agents, backup tasks, and schedules. In the event of a backup failure, ActiveVisor’s simplified user interface displays where the failure occurred so that steps can be taken to address the task failure. System administrators can substantially reduce workloads by monitoring and managing the backup status and configured backup settings for ActiveImage Protector backup clients from any location.
- Enhanced Integration with Active Directory includes selecting specific machines from the list of Active Directory search results and adding those machines to the list of managed ActiveImage Protector clients.
- Get notified when new ActiveImage Protector clients are added.
- Protector agents automatically find and connect to ActiveVisor consoles for ease of use.
- Push install ActiveImage Protector software patches and updates to client machines adds convenience and saves time by initiating the deployment from a single location.
- Manage and monitor agentless backups of virtual machines remotely.
- Administrators can manage, monitor, and modify backup agents, and task schedules from any location using a browser-based console.
- Manage Azure Virtual Clients connected to local network domains.
- Auto-scroll option in the monitoring panel displays alerts of the latest changes occurring on clients. When a monitored client’s status changes, the client’s information will automatically display at the top of the panel.
- The dashboard window provides a graphical representation of computers on the network, ActiveImage protected client machines, and visually draws attention to the status of task execution.
- Clients can be grouped for management purposes. Groups can be rearranged, if necessary, based on changes to a systems configuration.
- Schedules may be configured based on individual client requirements, or apply a predefined scheduled template to deploy a pattern-based backup schedule to batches of clients.
ActiveVisor is provided at no additional cost to ActiveImage Protector users with a valid annual maintenance contract.
Copyright © 2021 Actiphy, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. All other brands and product names mentioned in this news release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For more information about ActiveVisor, please visit:
About Version 2 Limited
Version 2 Limited is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. The company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 Limited offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which include Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
Actiphy founded in 2007, focuses on developing and offering innovative backup and disaster recovery solutions for complete protection of all your systems and data. ActiveImage Protector backs up Windows, Linux machines on physical and virtual environments and restore systems and data fast for you to be up and running with minimal downtime and data loss. Today Actiphy hold 20% of the image backup market in Japan and are expanding our services in the Asia/Pacific and North American regions, as well as in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.